Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Bottom Line in High School Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Bottom Line in High School Football

    Something to start a discussion:

    A team is only as good as its line. Teams that control the line of scrimmage usually win.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bottom Line in High School Football

    I'd put alot of weight on the RB in the high school game as well...

    without a stud at RB, you ain't goin far...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Bottom Line in High School Football

    It's all about speed on pretty much every level of football.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bottom Line in High School Football

    I agree with sportsman...without an o-line and d-line in HS, it doesn't matter what else you have.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bottom Line in High School Football

    I'll go way out there on this one. You can't win without tradition. All the athleticism in the world will fall by the wayside if you really don't focus on the final prize. It's a lot easier to focus if somebody has been there before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bottom Line in High School Football

    What was it the great Harry Fry said I believe after a half-state championship or state championship game? I believe against Martinsville? I think I am not sure.
    "If we could have caught them, we would have benched pressed them to death!"
    I would take speed and a half-arse blocking team.....in high school!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bottom Line in High School Football

    And that would have been one Dennis Mahan who ran ALL OVER Harry's 75 team.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bottom Line in High School Football

    I don't know, speed is great and it can allow you to make some good plays, but there aren't many people that are fast enough to outrun 11 guys in front of them. A good line makes that fast guy get fast, because not to many fast people hit top speed in that 2 inches of open space [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •